Step one in my new bike build was to strip all the old parts off my frame. I was successfully able to do that Saturday afternoon. The only problem was I broke my chain removal tool the first time I used it. I was probably using it wrong so I had to get a new one.
The only other problem was when I was inspecting the frame. If you look in the picture, right above where the crank would be it looks like the frame is dented. I did some research on-line and it looks like could be an intentional dent to allow the front derailleur to move freely. I’m going to take it to a dealer Monday or Tuesday just to be safe, so that has delayed the next steps in my bike project.
Since I took all the parts off my bike I have them sitting in a box. The parts are past their prime and I wouldn’t put them on another frame so I’ll probably take apart all the pieces to see how the pulleys and springs work.