Working on and off for past week I went from this:
To a complete and working bike.
All told I spent about five hours working on the bike, a lot less then I was expecting. Most of those hours were spent at the end adjusting the cable tensions to get the shifting right. When I do it again it should take even less time.
I need to put the bike on the trainer tomorrow and adjust the seat and shifters to fit me and then tape the bars.
I was really surprised at how easy this was. There are a few special tools that are needed but with these it’s simply a matter of bolting everything and then fooling around with the cables. I’m going to write up some posts this week about how to do each step and include some pictures.